Return to Gallery


Central Clearing House - Outcasts souvenir.
1940 Souvenir mug of the \'Outcasts\' - the nickname for the staff of the London Clearing Banks - the Central Clearing House or CCH, who were evacuated and temporarily housed in Trentham Gardens in Staffordshire. The mugs were commissioned from Falcon Ware (T.Lawrence Ltd) and were given on 23 August 1940 by the Controller of the CCH, Percy S.Quick on the first anniversary of their evacuation.
In excellent undamaged condition, a highly unusual aspect of the Home Front.